Donec sed odio dui. Nullam quis risus eget urna mollis ornare vel eu leo. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris Ornare condimentum nibhr. Vestibulum id ligula porta felis euismod semper.
Hi i'm kate
what's it like to work with me?
Read some of the testimonials from my students and more about my background below!
Interested in Private Yoga Therapy Sessions with Kate?
- Want help with reducing stress?
- Need help with back/hip or knee pain?
- Having trouble sleeping?
- Need help with a specific injury or aliment?
- Need help with a particular condition like Anxiety, Asthma, high blood pressure, Cancer?
- Don't feel comfortable or aren't ready for group classes?
- Wanting a more individual one on one program designed especially for you?
All good reasons to sign up for private Yoga Therapy sessions with Kate.
Yoga Therapy is pain-free and used to treat both mental and physical conditions.
My Balance package (introductory offer) includes;
3 x sessions - 1 x 90min, 2 x 60min - $220
This will give you a daily home practice designed just for you that will last 6months or more
Additional sessions (available to people who have completed balance package) are $75 per hour
Contact for me for more info on:
0426 962 067
OR come and join me for one of my classes!
Private Yoga Therapy testimonials
did you enjoy my class?
I am a qualified Yoga Instructor and Yoga Therapist. I work in the Illawarra region in Australia (about 1hr south of Sydney).
I have spent the last 14 years practicing Yoga and Meditation.
I teach Yoga because I am passionate about its health benefits and specialize in relaxation, stress relief and posture.
I used to work in the stressed corporate world and understand the work / life demands on people today. Yoga became my solace, a means to increase my fitness while adding more quiet time to my life. I love passing on my knowledge to my students and giving them accessible, practical tools to use in their life to aid stress-relief.
I specialize in Restorative Yoga, which encourages slowing down, quieting the mind and helps to restore the body to a more rejuvenated, healthy, balanced state.
People are busier and more stressed in their lives, it's nice to spend some time giving back to our bodies.
My approach is therapeutic with with a means to restoring the body back to it's natural state. Working with people to aid illness, physical injury and to bring balance to students busy lives. I am passionate about getting the body moving in a gentle way to aid joint and general mobility.
200hrs YTTC - Sukha Mukha Yoga
690hrs Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy - Enlightened Events
YOGA THERAPY CLIENT CASE STUDY
Kate Mitchell Yoga ~ case study of private Yoga Therapy client 2017
This client came to me for help with Anxiety, stress, stress related tension and Chronic Thoracic back pain. I saw her for three sessions over a period of seven and a half weeks. She was in quite a bit of pain in her back, very stiff, stressed and suffers from Anxiety. She was really ready to make changes in her life and was very proactive when taking steps to manage her health. She was pretty new to Yoga and had never tried Yoga Therapy before. We made a great team and really worked closely to build the right daily Yoga practice for her. She put in a huge amount of effort and consistently did the home practice I created for her and has seen so many benefits from this practice, some of which are listed below. She also gained a lot of benefit from the personalised Yoga Nidra relaxation recording I made her and told me her pain stopped during the practice. It also helped with stress relief. She is continuing with the practice and still gaining benefit from it.
- The changes she reported & I noticed were
- She has less headaches
- Less thoracic back pain
- No pain when listening to the Yoga Nidra relaxation I recorded
- She was lighter, smiling more, more relaxed
- Less stiff throughout her body especially in her upper body and her legs
- Her weight is distributed more evenly in her feet across the big toe, little toe & heel and she isn’t rolling into her arches anymore
- She is more aware of her physical stance
- Making different postural decisions to aid health
- Stopping work and doing yoga if she is stiff or sore during the day
- Changed jobs because of stress and felt empowered doing so instead of worrying about others reaction to this
- Making healthier decisions for her instead of worrying about others
- Letting things go, less worrying especially about the future, less anxious
- All in 7.5 weeks!
If you have an injury or aliment you would like help with and are ready to make some changes in your life please make contact with me and book in some private Yoga Therapy!